Monday, May 17, 2010

epic disappointment

figures for thought....





and then....


Dearest bloggers,



there are not many of you so suffice it to say I am not really that sorry that I didn't make it to any of the places I said I'd make it to and didn't. Life is insane and between my birthday, everyone else's birthday and graduating of course I am biting off more than I can chew! I have come back today to talk about a matter of proportion.. how do you feel about it? Personally I feel like figure drawing is a challenging math problem that you just want to get right. Sometimes I don't really care enough to get the proportions right because I'd rather show my style. I'd argue that none of them are succesful as finished figure drawings because personaly i find the selective nature of many figure drawings what makes them so compelling. however I find the styles of some of them very interesting. So I guess here starts the epic debate how important is proportion? Must you have an epic handle on the proportions of the body to make a beautiful human form? I keep getting arguments from both parties, and if you know what you want go for it! I think the best one I've heard so far goes like this... "Your drawing is the only way to communicate your style effectively". That said if you don't draw well no one will appreciate your style. If your composition sucks no one will appreciate either. Just for the record. I would also like to state for the record that part of the last figure is cut off, which is atrociously cropped to make it look like i cut off part of the breast.
does anyone have any arguments regarding the issue of proportion?
can we christen this blog?




No comments:

Post a Comment